Cabbage has high content of Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, E, C, K, calcium , iron ,iodine, pottassium, sulphur, phosphorus and foliate it is a cruciferous vegetable with similar vegetables like bok choy, broccoli, Brussel sprouts ,It can be consumed by various means, be it boiled, cooked, steamed, sautéed, or even juiced. It helps in making our immune system strong, has a good amount of potassium which reduces blood pressure, delay ageing and makes Hair stronger, reducing hair fall
Benefits of Cabbage juice
- cabbage juice is high in mineral content. As such it helps in making the skin stronger, and its dose of Vitamin C boosts immunity
- Cabbage juice can also be used in face mask to get rid of dryness of skin and for diminishing the signs of premature aging like wrinkles
- Cabbage is rich in sulphur and vitamin A which are both known to stimulate hair growth and the antioxidant properties can prevent the loss of hair from the scalp.
- Eating cabbage is good for our stomach and keeps our digestive system healthy because of the presence of dietary fibers in it. The presence of dietary fibers also helps in providing relief from constipation and ensure that the waste material gets excreted out of our body without any trouble.
- Cabbage possesses incredible healing properties and can be used as a poultice for curing various skin problems like eczema, psoriasis acne, rashes, leg ulcers, insect bites, wounds, etc.
- This benefit of cabbage is because of the folic acid present in it, which protects the baby from congenital disabilities and also forms an essential component of DNA.
- cabbage are rich in silicon and sulphur, the beauty minerals.
- It helps in purifying the upper section of the intestines, which makes the elimination of waste material from the body easy, thus helping with digestion.”
- it helps in fighting against harmful pathogens.
- It helps lower blood pressure
- It helps in preventing cells from carcinogens. Cabbage juice contains isocyanate, which helps in preventing the risks of breast cancer, lung, stomach, prostate and colon cancer.
- Cabbage is a good source of lactic acid, and this makes cabbage very effective in providing relief from sore muscles.
- Drinking cabbage juice may help prevent and treat stomach ulcers .
- It helps keep inflammation in check
- It helps lower cholesterol level
- It helps keep the digestive system healthy by adding bulk to stools and promoting regular bowel movements.
- Compressing cabbage leaves on the forehead can provide relief from a headache. If you are suffering from a headache then crush some cabbage leaves, place the crushed leaves in a cloth and then apply this cloth ( with crushed cabbage leaves) on your forehead to get relief from a headache.
- Cabbage is very effective in providing relief from hangovers caused by heavy drinking.
How to Make Cabbage Juice
It’s very simple to make fresh cabbage juice at home. Take a firm cabbage and peel the leaves gently. Wash well with cold water and then pat dry. If there are any brown spots, cut out the damaged area. Place the leaves in a blender and blend well. Strain and drink up. You can also add mint leaves, honey and lemon to play around with the flavour.